Bloc Party's Kele Okereke goes solo



Bloc Party's frontman Kele Okereke goes solo. Kele has named his first solo album "The Boxer" which is going to be released on June 21. A single, 'Tenderoni', is out on June 14. The album was mainly produced in New York and the production has been made by XXXchange.

As Kele said on his last interview about "The Boxer", it is going to be an electro-pop, dance album.

Some parts of his interview about "The Boxer":
"The key for the sound of the record was to take things as harsh and as physical as I could make it. The reason for going there was that these are the sounds that make me the happiest in the world."


"I've been into clubbing for years," he explained. "I've said from the beginning I'm into dance, it gets me excited and I think this record is going to go some way to prove that to people, hopefully."


Kele will play shows all around Europe, starting in May.

Check out the following links:
Kele Okereke website
Blog
Twitter
MySpace
Facebook page


Posted under:

Share this post
No Responses to "Bloc Party's Kele Okereke goes solo"